Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Merry, Cheers and Joy


**This post written a few weeks ago**

The sights, sounds and wonders of the Christmas break will never be lost on me.  I failed to properly catch every moment with my camera, but my heart is full of every image imaginable!!  I am truly blessed by my family and ever so thankful for the time we all had together.  This is the 2nd week back to school and I am just settling in to the fact that the kids are gone...until the next break.  Oh wait, that's this week!! Yay!! That's a whole other post.  For now, I just want to bask and reflect on how sweet it was to have my people home for days upon weeks.  My husband was even around the whole time, memory making with all of us.  If you were a book on a shelf, this is what you would have experienced in our home:


L-youngest daughter, R=oldest daughter




With Little Bro




Beannie Boo Alvin too


My daughters spending time sharing and reading with each other.  Being loving pre-teen and teen sisters.
My son being a sweet little brother to his oldest pre-teen and teen sisters.
My son serenading me and teaching me the Waltz.( Yes, I am grooming him to make a fine husband someday)
Nap time by the fire with a lazy Rat Terrier who is happy that he found his forever family and home.
Neighbors who pop by to encourage and well wish and borrow a cup of sugar or 3.
Middle School girls who read and study and work Algebra problems on their "break".
Middle School girls who practice their Clarinets and Saxophones.
A loving husband who watches DVR'd episodes of Parenthood with me.
A loving husband who dates his wife.
Girls who like to snuggle with their mom and watch High School Musical, like the old days.
Early morning runs with my running buddy before my household wakes up.
Hot coffee and warm hugs.
Sneaking online shopping right under their noses.
My son's anticipation and adoration for Jolly our Elf on the Shelf.
Serving and spending time as a family at Christmas Eve Service at church.
No place to be any time soon.
Making homemade candy for Mr.UPS, Mr. Fedex(his name is actually, Christmas!!),  and Waste/Recycling personnel.


This line from my favorite carol that stops me...literally stops me in my tracks when I hear it or better when I feel it.  The children know that it will be on repeat and not to complain because I am in the zone.  Baking, cooking, crafting away and pondering all the while.

God rest ye, merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay Remember, Christ, our Savior was born on Christmas day, To save us all from Satan's power, when we were gone astray.....This is the most powerful lyric to me and it knocks me in my core every time.  Have I gone astray?  Am I who I say I am?

I'll leave you now since this post is way over due, but I wanted to get it out before January was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment