Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Second Time Around






 



The time is ticking away and I am preparing for my second Half Marathon in November.  I have mixed feelings this time around having run my first in May.   I am not sure if it is the time in which it takes to train, or coming off of an injury to my knee, but I am sort of apprehensive this time around.  Don't get me wrong, I AM ALL IN!! I just feel sort of guarded, where as last time I was like a giddy school girl going off to school in her new shiny shoes!!  I will get there, but I am taking note of my feelings.

  I am, as last time, running with some amazing women.  They are my partners in crime, sweat, muscle fatigue, aches, pains, smiles and miles.  We plan on making it a BIG girls' weekend and totally enjoying the city and all her offerings after we run through it.


  I plan on hanging up my sneaks after this and only running light miles until I gear up for the next Half Marathon.  I know what you are thinking.  Why?  Well, because it is like you have probably heard.  Running gets in you and you just have to DO IT!!  I treasure my time out on the road and the bonding that takes place on the pavement with other like minded souls.  It is just my thing and I can not shake it!

  SO, if you see me out there, honk and give me a thumbs up!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment