Friday, June 10, 2011

Spoleto, Spole-TOE and a Nawlins' Shawty named Trombone

Well, I am off to a Spoleto event here in beautiful Charleston, SC.  It is the time of year where we celebrate the arts in a major way!! I was invited by my neighbor Liz and her daughter, Ms. B. from NYC, to see/hear Shorty Trombone of New Orleans!! He is essentially the new "hotness" in Jazz and brings such a fresh "swag" to the genre!! I am excited for tonight, since I have never been to a Spoleto event or experienced Shorty Trombone!! I'll holla' back later and post some pics!!......

Well, I am back and what an amazing experience it was to see Trombone Shorty and the Orleans Avenue!! Man what an incredible band!! It was an action packed, rockin' great time!!! There were all types of people in the audience too, all feeling it, all jammin'.  I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to experience this phenom fully in his element!! Thank you, thank you LIZ, you are the BEST!!!  I am eager to find Trombone and the band on Rhapsody so I can keep gettin' my groove on!! Who dat?? Oh, that's just Shawty and the band playin' that supa funky jazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 THE COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON'S CISTERN

No comments:

Post a Comment