Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day and Most Importantly Happy Good Friday

I decided today to embrace Earth Day, but more importantly emphasize Good Friday!! I am eternally grateful to my Rescuer for all that He endured for me, my family, my husband, my children and YOU!! It really gives a fresh new perspective on the whole Earth Day thing. I could not celebrate the beauty that is all around me in a responsibly conscious way without selflessly acknowledging the Cross and the One who died upon it.
My children have been singing Hosanna, by Brooke Fraser all day. The song is so beautiful, every word so poignant. I invite you to look her up and enjoy her music for yourself. I caution you though, the words will pierce your soul with fresh revelations of who the Christ is and what we as followers, believers are called to do. One of my favorite lyrics is in the Bridge:

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity


I can hardly stand when I sing these words. They humble me, convict me of my selfishness, inspire me to step out and help those around me, they encourage me to teach my children to love others as themselves. I could go on and on about this song, Good Friday, Earth Day and so on. I am eternally grateful to Jesus for bearing all my hurt, pain, sin, shortcomings, failures, and shame.

He has RISEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment