Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Happs and Monday Inspiration


  We had a rather chill Friday, my little guy went to a birthday party and the girls just vegged in front of the tv.  I may or may not have fallen asleep on said girls while watching tv with them. Saturday was filled with yard work for hubby, the kids had various sport practices and  I managed a mid morning run with my running buddy and went out for a tasty afternoon with my husband's cousin's wife who just moved to town.  Whew, did you catch that?  My husband's cousin and his wife moved to town from OC, CA.  The two of us went down to Charleston, for the annual Wine+Food Festival.  We had such a lovely afternoon, sipping and tasting all sorts of delicious yumminess!  I know, I made up a word just then.  You get the point though, right??

Sunday was spent going to church and and being reminded that it is ok to rest, nap, take a break, go on vacation once in a while.  We as a society are so busy, that we hardly make time for us, or our families in a good, healthy way.  I  for one, have no problem taking a nap, putting my feet up or just plain sitting down for a while during the way.   How else will I manage my daily activities and household of 5???  What about you?  Do you rest, take a break, put yourself at the top of your to-do list?  You should!! Try at least one day or even an hour a week, giving yourself a break.  Start going to sleep 30 minutes earlier every night until you can go an hour earlier.  Ahh, that felt great to type because I have been trying that since last week at bedtime.

"Remember the Sabbath Day by keeping it holy.  Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.......Exodus 20:8-11.


I am linking up with Two Birds for a fun day of Inspiration Monday!! I decided to not follow so closely and wore what I had in my closet.  It was freezing out and my photographer was not a fan of going out for photos.   Wanna play?  Scroll down for all of the details and join the fun, then go and take a nap. 

 I am!! 

Happy Monday, All




Ring-Francesca's, Monogrammed Bracelet-Alex&Ani, Assort. Bangles-Target


Crazy runner hair, Tank-F21, Polka dot top-OldNavy, Jeans-Gap, Long&Lean Flares, Shoes-
Simply Vera Wang-Kohl's





here's how it works:inspiration monday

1. we will post a picture every week of who the inspiration will be.
2. if you have ideas, feel free to email them to twobirds.mn@gmail.com.
3. every monday, you can post the link to your version of the inspiration on our post.
4. link back to our blog, so people can see all the blogger's versions!
5. have fun!
thanks for participating!!!

here's the inspiration for monday, march 4: hilary duff

No comments:

Post a Comment