Saturday, May 7, 2011

Run a race......Check


Guess what I did this morning?  I ran my first organized race!!!.  A 5k for the Ruth Rhoden Craven Foundation for Postpartum Depression Awareness.  It is billed as a Mom's Run, but men, babies in strollers, and kids of all ages ran this morning.  I had such a wonderful time and was really excited to run for such a worthy cause.  I am an inconsistent runner, and I usually max out at 2 miles, so this morning my GOAL was to finish the entire 3 without stopping.  Whew!! I did it!! I am not sure what the official time was, but I will post it when I find out.  I think that I will include this race in my Mother's day festivities going forward.  I don't know, but who knows what lies ahead for me?  A 10K, 13.1 or 26.2?  Ok, I'll slow down and remember this morning's mantra, "slow and steady wins the race."  I was also reciting Philippians 4:13," I can do all things through Him who gives me strength".  I felt the presence of the Lord so heavily this morning as I made my way through the course and so as I ran,  I remembered my own 3 bouts of Postpartum Depression.  The despair, so I ran faster, the sense of helplessness, I ran faster, the darkness, even faster, the isolation, faster still.  I was confronted with the beautiful truth that the grace of God saved me and rescued me from the pit of Postpartum Depression.  I am victorious in the Lord and so thankful daily for the privilege of being the mama of J, K and J. In the meantime, I will continue to run the race set before me with perseverance as it is written in Hebrews 12:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment