Monday, September 23, 2013

Handcrafted

Hi there,

I did not mean for it to take so long to get back to you.  I have had every intention on writing for days, weeks now and just have been so busy living life.  The kids started school, music lessons, Soccer, running, bible study started, volunteering at said schools, etc., etc.  So needless to say, it has been a challenge getting back to this space to share with you all.  I don't know about any of you, but I struggle to make a decision about what to do next! Do you know what I mean?  I guess I struggle with priorities.  I know that I need to make sure my wife and mom hats fit properly and therefore, the blogger hat sometimes does not fit well.  I still find time to browse and comment on many of your lovely blogs and marvel at how you all can keep it going.  So, it is like anything we do for fun, hobbies, outlets, etc., it is here when we can do it.  So, with this being said, this is not the first and won't be the last time that an unexpected hiatus is taken.  Now, where were we??


Do you all remember the fantastic green leather tote that I shared a few posts ago?  I promised I would touch base with you later on it?  Well, about a year ago a dear friend visited my family.  She and her family moved abroad years ago for her husband's work.  We loved to live vicariously through their lives as they bounced around all over Africa with their children.  They were home last year visiting family and stopped by as they were taking their children to summer camps near our home.  My friend walked into my home and I immediately fell head over heels for her stylish tote bag!! I have an obsession   affinity for large tote bags.










 We hugged and made small talk and caught up on all of their travels, kids' lives, hubby's fascinating work, etc., etc. and all I wanted to know about was where did she get such a gorgeous bag.  She informed me that she found this lovely budding artisan in Cairo, who is a mom just like us with a dream/vision to create and sell handcrafted leather bags!! She sources her own leather, dyes, etc.  I was so impressed with this that I had to have one for myself.  So, I made my heart's desire known to my friend and my husband.  I had to budget for this bag and it is worth every penny.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and chose a color I would have normally not chosen and I could not be more pleased  with it.  The photos really do not capture the rich, suppleness of the leather and its vivid shade of green. It came in a rainbow of colors!! It was so difficult to choose.  It will be a treasure that I will keep forever and ever.  I wish there was an Etsy shop and other ways to reorder since my dear friend has since moved home to the States and will not be returning to Africa.



Zara Tote



 I know I probably sound a bit "extra", but I got another bag to wear around so as to not ruin my green bag.  This bag is from Zara and it has been a great every day bag that I can wear rain or shine! I know that I can only have a few tote bags and have been donating here and there as I added these to my collection.  So, there you have it.  What do you think??  Handcrafted is the best right?

No comments:

Post a Comment