Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Teal Me Somethin' Good!

We had a great weekend as we wrapped up a phenomenal school year! We went to the beach, I ran at O' dark 30 with my running group, cheered some of my running group members on as they participated in a 5K, went to a Natural Hair Expo, the little ones went to a birthday party at the park, we went to church and now here I sit typing this up.

  I also had a refreshing conversation with my little BIG man! This guy is so insightful at his age. I learn so much talking listening to him.  We ate lunch outside on the porch and he shared that we are sheep, Jesus is the shepherd and Satan is the wolf.  Jesus protects his sheep from Satan who tries to take us away and destroy us like the wolf does with the sheep.

  Well, I was blown away with this explanation and really comforted all the same to know that he gets IT! The foundation of his faith has been set and now my hubs and I are building daily upon it.  We pray that our children will always stand on their faith in God, in tough times and good times alike.










I love the color Teal!





Teal tank/Target, Chambray skirt/Old Navy, Bronze T-Strap Sandal/Old Navy, Straw and Patent Clutch/Nine West-Gifted, Chandelier Earrings/Gifted, Assorted Bangles/Bitten by SJP, Target and Francesca's














10 comments:

  1. Run Shon...run! Thanks for the motivation to keep my exercise routine going! Love the teal on you...I need to add a bit to my closet. Enjoy your summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look! Too cute! I also love my little nephew! What a mighty man of God in the making. You and your hubby are doing a wonderful job. Keep living the life and your children will model after you. Love ya!!

    Nicky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't look more comfortable! That is the only way to dress for the summer. Stopping by via Pleated Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit and yes to your little guy getting it ~ train up a child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome weekend! Teal is a great color on you. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good mama and sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color teal, as well and it looks wonderful on you! Love this casual outfit and your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. effortless style you have!! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look gorgeous in teal! and how cute is your son?!!! isn't it amazing how insightful our children can be. my daughter told me she she can't share her ice cream with God so she shares it with others and that way it's like sharing it with Him. it was so sweet.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair and those earrings are pretty dope! <3

    Tye
    http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete